Biking on Atolls

Biking on Atolls

Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Prep Work

What could possibly go wrong.....

Well, that's exactly what I'm trying to figure out today so I can prevent it as much as possible.  One thing I'd like to avoid is arriving at the airport and not being allowed to board because my paper work is not in order.

Passport valid?  Check!
Are visas needed for countries being traveled to?  Most either do not require a visa or you get the visa on arrival.  India is the exception.  This is in advance and, get this, India has outsourced their visa applications.  It's great to see they really embraced the concept!  And then there is Indonesia....  if you fly in on a round trip ticket - no visa needed.  If you fly in and leave by land it -appears- that no visa is needed, but no one seems to be able to tell me for sure.  As their visa application is very complicated I think I will fly in and out rather than deal with it.  I'd kind of hoped to go overland at that point but it's not worth the hassle.

So Visas....  Check!

2 comments: